This Policy applies to personal data collected in connection with products and services offered by Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot or from other interactions with us also including mobile websites, applications and other types of services offered by Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot in electronic form, as well as other services such as customer services, customer events, or promotions and campaigns.
By using any Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot services or application /or by submitting personal data to sativus.com/or by clicking “I Agree”, depending on the website, service, or application you are using, you express your consent and agreement to the processing of your personal data in the manner provided in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use this website, or provide Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot with your personal data, or do not grant your consent otherwise.
What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- your sativus.com user ID and password (if applicable)
- credit card information (if applicable)
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
We may use your personal data to provide the sativus.com service, fulfill your requests, process your order or as otherwise may be necessary to perform or enforce the contract between you and Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot , to ensure the functionality and security of our products and services, to identify you and to prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses.
We may also use your personal data to develop our products and/or services. However, for the most part we only use aggregate and statistical information in the development of our products and services.
We may also use your personal data to personalize our offering and to provide you with service more relevant to you, for example, to make recommendations and to display customized content and advertising in our websites.
We may combine personal data collected in connection with your use of a particular sativus.com product and/or service with other personal data we may hold about you, except where such personal data was collected for a different purpose. We may create aggregate and statistical information based on your personal data.
We may use your personal data to communicate with you, for example, to provide information relating to our products and/or services you are using or to contact you for customer satisfaction queries. We may use your personal data for marketing or research purposes, for example, to conduct market research and we may, in accordance with applicable law, contact you to inform you of new products, services or promotions we may offer. Also, some of our products and services may be used to promote products and services of other companies. However, Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot does not disclose your personal data to such companies or any other company for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know, such as (for example) information about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot , its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
Cookies and web-analysis
To improve the user experience on our website and enable you to use its certain features in order to show suitable products or conduct market research, some pages of this website use the so-called cookies. This serves the protection of our legitimate interests in the optimised presentation of our offer that are overriding in the process of balancing of interests.
A cookie is a small text file which is stored automatically on your end device.
Some of the cookies we use are deleted after you close the browser session, i.e. when you close the browser (that’s the so-called session cookies). Other cookies are stored in your end-user device and enable us to recognise your browser when you visit us again (persistent cookies).
Every browser has a different policy for managing the cookie settings. The browser’s policy is described in the Help menu of every browser and explains how you can change your cookie settings.
To find out how to change the settings in your browser, see the links below:
- Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari™: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=de_DE&viewlocale=en_US
- Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Please note that disabling cookies may limit your access to some features of our website.
This website also uses the so-called DoubleClick cookie for the purpose of Google Analytics.
The DoubleClick cookie enables the recognition of your browser as you visit other websites. The information generated automatically by the cookie about your visit to this website will be transmitted to and stored on a Google server in the United States. By means of IP anonymisation enabled on this website, the IP address will be shortened before being transmitted within the area of member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address will be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will not join the anonymised IP address, transmitted from your browser through Google Analytics, with any other data held by Google.
Google will use this information to compile reports about your website activities and to provide other services related to the use of the website. This serves the protection of our legitimate interests in the optimal marketing of our website that are overriding in the process of balancing of interests. In addition, Google may transfer this information to third parties from time to time if this is required by law or if third parties process such data on behalf of Google.
Google Double Click is offered by Google LLC. (www.google.com). Google LLC is headquartered in the USA and is certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield. You will see the up-to-date certificate here. Based on this agreement between the USA and the European Commission, the latter has recognised entities certified to the Privacy Shield as those ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
You can disable the DoubleClick cookie via https://www.aboutads.info/ and accordingly adapt the settings of your browser. Finally, you can configure your browser for it to inform you about the setting of cookies and decide on a case-by-case basis whether to accept or reject the cookies on a given website or generally. Please note that disabling cookies may limit your access to some features of our website.
Using of Google (Universal) Analytics for web analytics
For the purpose of website analytics, this website uses Google (Universal) Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC (www.google.com). This serves the protection of our legitimate interests in the optimised presentation of our offer that are overriding in the process of balancing of interests. Google (Universal) Analytics uses methods, like e.g. cookies, that enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information collected automatically by cookies about your use of this website are as a rule transmitted to and stored on a Google server in the United States. At the same time, as IP anonymisation is enabled on this website, the IP address will be shortened before being transmitted within the area of member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address will be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Generally, Google does not associate the anonymised IP address, transmitted from your browser through Google Analytics, with any other data held by Google.
Google LLC is headquartered in the USA and is certified to the EU-US-Privacy Shield. Based on this agreement between the USA and the European Commission, the latter has recognised entities certified to the Privacy Shield as those ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
You may prevent the data generated by cookies and related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being recorded and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available through the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Alternatively to the browser plugin, you may click this link, to prevent Google Analytics from recording your data on this website in the future. In this process, an opt-out cookie will be stored on your end-user device. If you clear your cookies, you will have to click the link again.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
We may share your personal data to third parties not mentioned in this document only if we have your consent to do so. Your consent may, depending on the service, be implied or express. For example, if you submit and publish your own personal data to our user communities, such actions will be construed as you granting your consent to such processing. Our products and services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore your personal data may be transferred across international borders outside the country where you use our services, including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection, for example, the United States of America. In such cases we take steps to ensure that there is a legal basis for such a transfer and that adequate protection for your personal data is provided as required by applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities (where necessary) and by requiring the use of other appropriate technical and organizational information security measures.
We take reasonable steps to keep the personal data we possess accurate and up-to-date and to delete out of date or otherwise incorrect or unnecessary personal data.
As certain Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot products and services may allow you to manage your profile, we encourage you to access your personal data from time to time to ensure that it is correct and up-to-date. Please remember that it is your responsibility to provide us with correct details as well as to update the personal data you have provided us with in case of any changes.
Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot takes reasonable technical and organizational information security measures to prevent and minimize such risks associated with providing personal data.
Such measures include, where appropriate, the use of firewalls, secure server facilities, encryption, implementing proper access rights management systems and processes, careful selection of processors and other technically and commercially reasonable measures to provide appropriate protection for your personal data against unauthorized use or disclosure. Where appropriate, we may also take back-up copies and use other such means to prevent accidential damage or destruction to your personal data. If a particular part of a sativus.com website supports on-line transactions, we will use an industry standard security measure, such as the one available through “Secure Sockets Layer” (“SSL”), to protect the confidentiality and security of online transactions.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the sativus.com Web site when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to register on sativus.com Web site and services. Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot does not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
What are your rights in relation to the personal data we store on you?
You are permitted to perform the following acts with the personal data we keep on you:
- You can request information as to what personal data is stored
- You can request that we correct, delete or block your personal data provided these actions are permitted by law and in compliance with existing contractual conditions.
- You can request to receive personal data you have provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- You may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. The competent data protection authority is:
Louise de Colignystraat 34
Viewing and updating your data in your sativus.com account
You can view and update your data in the following ways:
- If you have created an account at sativus.com, you will be able to overwiew the data what we store on you after logging in to your account. Many details can be changed here by yourself.
- Please use this form to request or update your personal data. Alternatively, you can also object to the processing of your personal data.
- If you have no computer or do not wish to send an e-mail, please send a letter, enclosing a copy of your identity document (for example, a passport or driving licence). Please note: make sure your Citizen Service Number/Burgerservicenummer (if applicable) is invisible on the copy of your ID. We request that you also write down the date and the reason for sending us a copy. This is a way of preventing fraud. Please send your letter, along with a copy of your ID, to the following address:
Louise de Colignystraat 34
You will receive a reply by mail, so as to prevent others from viewing your personal data.
About this Privacy Statement
This privacy statement applies to all services and sales channels of Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot and was created on May 31, 2018. This Privacy Statement is subject to change.
Do you have any questions about privacy?
If you have any questions after reading this Privacy Statement about how we use your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer Jaap Koot, email: email@example.com. If nevertheless you are dissatisfied with the answers to your questions, you can submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
Sativus.com is a trademark of:
Louise de Colignystraat 34
T +31 624590389
Contact person for privacy matters:
T +31 624590389