This Policy applies to personal data collected in connection with products and services offered by Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot or from other interactions with us also including mobile websites, applications and other types of services offered by Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot in electronic form, as well as other services such as customer services, customer events, or promotions and campaigns.
By using any Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot services or application /or by submitting personal data to sativus.com/or by clicking “I Agree”, depending on the website, service, or application you are using, you express your consent and agreement to the processing of your personal data in the manner provided in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use this website, or provide Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot with your personal data, or do not grant your consent otherwise.
What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- your sativus.com user ID and password (if applicable)
- credit card information (if applicable)
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
We may use your personal data to provide the sativus.com service, fulfill your requests, process your order or as otherwise may be necessary to perform or enforce the contract between you and Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot , to ensure the functionality and security of our products and services, to identify you and to prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses.
We may also use your personal data to develop our products and/or services. However, for the most part we only use aggregate and statistical information in the development of our products and services.
We may also use your personal data to personalize our offering and to provide you with service more relevant to you, for example, to make recommendations and to display customized content and advertising in our websites.
We may combine personal data collected in connection with your use of a particular sativus.com product and/or service with other personal data we may hold about you, except where such personal data was collected for a different purpose. We may create aggregate and statistical information based on your personal data.
We may use your personal data to communicate with you, for example, to provide information relating to our products and/or services you are using or to contact you for customer satisfaction queries. We may use your personal data for marketing or research purposes, for example, to conduct market research and we may, in accordance with applicable law, contact you to inform you of new products, services or promotions we may offer. Also, some of our products and services may be used to promote products and services of other companies. However, Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot does not disclose your personal data to such companies or any other company for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know, such as (for example) information about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot , its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
Sativus.com uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Web site.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
We may share your personal data to third parties not mentioned in this document only if we have your consent to do so. Your consent may, depending on the service, be implied or express. For example, if you submit and publish your own personal data to our user communities, such actions will be construed as you granting your consent to such processing. Our products and services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore your personal data may be transferred across international borders outside the country where you use our services, including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection, for example, the United States of America. In such cases we take steps to ensure that there is a legal basis for such a transfer and that adequate protection for your personal data is provided as required by applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities (where necessary) and by requiring the use of other appropriate technical and organizational information security measures.
We take reasonable steps to keep the personal data we possess accurate and up-to-date and to delete out of date or otherwise incorrect or unnecessary personal data.
As certain Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot products and services may allow you to manage your profile, we encourage you to access your personal data from time to time to ensure that it is correct and up-to-date. Please remember that it is your responsibility to provide us with correct details as well as to update the personal data you have provided us with in case of any changes.
Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot takes reasonable technical and organizational information security measures to prevent and minimize such risks associated with providing personal data.
Such measures include, where appropriate, the use of firewalls, secure server facilities, encryption, implementing proper access rights management systems and processes, careful selection of processors and other technically and commercially reasonable measures to provide appropriate protection for your personal data against unauthorized use or disclosure. Where appropriate, we may also take back-up copies and use other such means to prevent accidential damage or destruction to your personal data. If a particular part of a sativus.com website supports on-line transactions, we will use an industry standard security measure, such as the one available through “Secure Sockets Layer” (“SSL”), to protect the confidentiality and security of online transactions.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the sativus.com Web site when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to register on sativus.com Web site and services. Bloembollenbedrijf J.C.Koot does not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
Questions or comments?